Originally Posted by pete53
i built my 257 Roberts in a long action old Remington 30 express and it shoots lights out with Nosler 115 B.T. bullets

257 Creedmoor is a new Savage target short action and shoots Nosler 115 gr B.T. bullets great but so far the 131gr. Black Jack bullets at 100 yards i have not got them to shoot consistent yet ,i have tried 3 powders so far including the powder Black Jack recommended . maybe i got a poor batch of bullets ?i plan on doing more testing when its warmer at farther distances.

as of right now i am very impressed with both rifles with 115gr.Nosler B.T. bullets.

i just cried ,Pete when I read you disassembled a Remington 30 Express.. even for a Roberts barrel on it..

you aren't talking a Remington 30S chambered in 30 Remington Are ya?

That rifle and a Model 54 in 30/30 are my two holy grails on rifles on my wish list in life...

I mean a Roberts is a great choice. for a rebarrel...but...

kinda like seeing a vintage 68 Z/28, sitting rolled in a ditch, that was put there by some 16yr old like David Hogg, when grandpa gave it to him for his first car...life ain't fair some days...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez