Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
I think the rest of the world is using 25 CM so I just thought it sad that all your "pioneering" load development will get lost unless someone knows to search on 257 CM. As to a reason for naming as you did, it makes perfect sense but perception and public onion never follow logic. Other than that, I appreciate you sharing all that you do. I'm planning on my own 25/257 foray into quick-twist & heavy-long bullets. I personally think that the 25 Creedmoor as it stands now, would have become by mid-summer a recognized, SAAMI standard cartridge - but the economic situation created by the Covid-19 pandemic, may put that on hold for another year. After Nosler did what they did with the 280 Ackley Improved (I wouldn't have had a problem if they had named it something else.), I think I'll wait until someone major like Hornady starts producing loaded ammo to fully 'lock down' the cartridge dimensions/specs. Having said that, big kudo's to Alpha for taking the first step by commercially offering its SMRP brass.

i guess i would wait also tell this 25 cartridge becomes a manufactured cartridge and/or bullet makers build some better bullets. if old Walt Berger was younger this cartridge /257 Creedmoor -25 Creedmoor would for sure get some better attention with much better bullet types and weights. maybe these 131 gr. Black JACK bullets might preform better at the farther distances too ? hopefully soon i can get to a rifle range with farther distances then i will know for sure what i think of Black Jack bullets .i have the Black Jack ammo built to use at farther distances already.

Really, how, logically, is something that you are not happy with at 100, ever in logical reality, ever going to get better over a longer distance ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"