Originally Posted by Blacktailer
There is a reason that everything else is compared to it. It has been the standard for over 100 years. Besides, anyone who doesn't own at least one is probably a communist.

f**king A and if you asked one, he'd say, he sure would like too. I have 1st year 700 ADL and M110 Savage, 8 Springfields 03 & 03 A3 like them all even the 2 made into a 300 Win Mag and the other a 308 Norma Mag and a lone 1917 Eddystone. They work every time on everything. The magazine on 03's are the tits, they flawlessly will feed even empty cases. 2, 4,5 grooves don't make a damn they shoot. The best part is all you gotta do is hang out at your favorite gun shop and some damn fool will bring one in to trade for some wonder rifle and you get his Springfield that his grandpa or someone else sporterized for only a couple of hundred bucks. I rate a 30-06 right up there with mom ,apple pie, the girl next door and just looking at Old Glory flapping in the breeze. I've got Hunter and H4350 165 gr bullets as well as a pile of 200 gr NPT's and RL-19 & 22. Don't need to wonder about it JB and Phil S. all ready done the ground work on this. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "