Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Looking like Nosler gets the nod

While I would never fault someone for choosing a Nosler Partition, neither do I consider it, for my purposes, the best hunting bullet for a .30-06. Or any other cartridge.

Accuracy is one issue. I’ve never had a rifle where a Partition provided better than acceptable accuracy. Other bullet designs have consistently provided excellent accuracy in multiple cartridges. These include the Nosler BT, AB and ABLR, Barnes MRX, TTSX and LRX, Swift A-Frame and Scirocco II, North Fork SS, SS/HP and FP and Hornady SST.

Cost has never been a primary factor in my choice of hunting bullets, but it is not one I totally ignore, either. Partitions tend to be more expensive than most other bullets I use and, when less expensive, don’t provide the advantages the more expensive bullets provide.

One reason to choose the Partition - and the best reason in my book - would be on-game performance. If there is a detectable difference between the Partition and the bullets I use, I haven’t seen it. I guess that’s why the Partitions on my loaded ammo and component shelves have been sitting there for years – and in some cases decades.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.