I had two .30-06s. In 2007 I bought a NIB Model 700 SPS at Academy. I bought it because I'd always wanted an 06 in my stable. I put a cheapo Nikon Prostaff 3-9X40 with BDC Reticle on it. It was a great combo. I recently up graded the scope to a Loopy VX-3i 3.5-10X40. Actually, the Nikon served me well but the Loopy seems just a little clearer and brighter but not by much. I ended up putting that Nikon on an AR. It's still a great scope. All I've done with the Remington 06 since changing scopes is sight it in. Not hunted with it yet. But it killed more than a few with the old Nikon Scope on it.

About 10 years back, about three years after I bought the Remington, I bought a 1988 year model tang safety Ruger Model 77 used from my favorite LGS. I think I killed a hog or two with it. It was a nice rifle, but seeing I couldn't use but one .30-06 at a time I had it rebarreled to a 9.3x63 Mauser. When I bought the rifle my idea was to rebarrel it to a .25-06. Then I got the bug for a .35-Whelen. Then just before I pulled the trigger on the deal to build the Whelen a guy who's a member here talked me into making it a 9.3. I'm glad he did. I love that rifle too. My old .270 Winchester is still my go to rifle but like they say, variety is the spice of life and I like the ability to change things up now and then. I just LIKE GUNS!

Last edited by Filaman; 02/19/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!