[quote=szihn]So you think the 308 will fire 180 190 200 and 220 grain bullets "just as good" as the 30-06?
Please show me how.

In my 50+ years of being a gunsmith and a hunter, a shooter, I have never seen one 308 I would rate as "better" then a 30-06 of equal quality workmanship. Not one.

I do not say the 308 is not an excellent shell. It is---------- and I have owned and used many of them. I have killed game with them from squirrels to elk and use the round in military designation to fight with. I agree the 308 is extremely good.

But the 308 are absolutely not better, and neither is a short action. Short actions are not in any way "better" ----unless it's an auto, pump or lever action and in some cases not even then. As good in the best cases---- but never better.

Besides, the post is about cartridges specifically. Not guns.
As an example an FN-FAL is a better rifle to fight with as compared to a Ruger #1 in 30-06 ----but that is NOT an argument of one cartridge over another. That's more about tactics which can be employed with one type of rifle that can't be used with the other. the cartridge is not really central to that comparison.
-------------------------------------------

That's something else I like about you !!

The 308 is NOT as good as 30-06 !

308 is a 30-06 WANNABE !!

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!