Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Convince me otherwise! Just seems like all the newer chamberings over the years are trying to be what the good ol 30-06 always has been .... versatile and dependable as a chambering can be. I’ll never turn my back on the 06!
....................I for one will never try and talk someone out of a 30-06. And the reason is, is because there is no need to. It has always done what has been needed within most hunting ranges.

Offers a great selection of bullet weights for any occasion, 110 gr up to 220s and even a little heavier which are available. Nothing to complain about.

BUT!....It is bland, it is generic and imo and if me, not the likeliest candidate for either extended range hunting, extended range steel boink 'n or paper punch 'n .........

If one like me can handle increased recoil, and strictly from a ballistic and trajectory standpoint, I would take a 30 Nosler, a 300 PRC, a 300 Win, a 300 WSM or a 300 Wby vs the good 'ol 30-06.

Yeah I know! You can walk into any ma and pa gun store, into any gun store and get 30-06 ammo.

Too common. Too generic. Too bland. Too boring..........."Whatcha shoot 'n there?" A 30-06!.....Oh ok...........YAWN!.................lol

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger