Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
What would you all consider the best hunting bullet for the 30-06 that also has the best ballistic coefficient? I’m just kinda curious

BC should be of little concern unless you are planning on shooting past 500 yards consistently. Accuracy and terminal performance are usually much more of a consideration. That said, I prefer the TSX or TTSX in 150 to 180gr depending on the application. I have found them to consistently provide near match grade accuracy in a number of rifles and stellar terminal ballistics.

The 175 LRX in the good ol 06 would be a pretty good pick, if you could work up a good accurate load for said rifle. Hell, I might just do that...
Originally Posted by Old_Crab
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Looking like Nosler gets the nod

While I would never fault someone for choosing a Nosler Partition, neither do I consider it, for my purposes, the best hunting bullet for a .30-06. Or any other cartridge.

Accuracy is one issue. I’ve never had a rifle where a Partition provided better than acceptable accuracy. Other bullet designs have consistently provided excellent accuracy in multiple cartridges.

Coyote Hunter,
My 06’ did not give me great accuracy on all partitions from 180 grain and smaller.
Groups were certainly “ok”, but weren’t great.

Then, some of the threads on the fire highly touted the accuracy of the 200 grain partition....
I tried the 200 grain spitzer, and it was dead-nutz accurate!

You might pick up 50 blems from Nosler and give it a whirl.

Cheers to you and yours!

Great advice. I should have picked up more than 500 the last time they were $13.45/bag!!!!!!!! Damn, now you are lucky to find them under $20/bag...

+1 for 175g barnes lrx. I have had great results with them.