Originally Posted by Vinootz
I would not try to convince you otherwise. There are three 30-06 rifles in my collection. I am still considering adding another.lol. For some folks I guess old habits die hard and there is nothing new under the sun. Nor is there that much better I may add. Modern day regulations aside,30-06 has taken every animal on the planet-and probably still does. Sure there are better performing cartridges at long range. And I even deviated from tried and true cartridges once and bought two 325wsm rifles. Yet every time I consider another cartridge, I find myself thinking: maybe I should just get another 30-06. I just can't seem to get away from that cartridge. Who knows maybe I'll get myself to buy a rifle in a 6.5 caliber. But I already know the 30-06 will haunt me while making the final decision. Seriously-lol.

Vinootz, I purchased a really sweet Browning Carbon Pro Tungsten in 6.5 Creedmoor about a year ago and that chambering just isn’t doing it for me. I’m still crazy about the 30-06! Creedmoor just don’t have the punch like the ol 06!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD