Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Religion only really cares about "life" after death,...
Jesus’ teachings of loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others is clearly the polar opposite of your assertion.

Jesus apparently died to cover off for people’s sins. People keep sinning yet the slate is washed clean. It’s just one of the many contradictions in the bible – lead a good life but you’ll be saved anyway as long as you accept Jesus as your saviour, all sins aside.
...and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life".
That’s right...because grace can’t be earned...if it could be earned then it wouldn’t be grace. But, loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others would certainly go towards leading a good life. Not done as often or as good as it should be, but the premise is still there. If the only thing motivating a person to be good and decent is the expectation of a divine reward, then that person likely has a bad theology.

I lead a good life without religious belief system, and outside of any expectation of a devine reward. I guess this grace must be more of an innate human trait that we developed. Angry believers use the threat of damnation and hell when they are confronted by logic from non-believers, so their focus changes to suit their immediate circumstances and shows their true preoccupation with the “afterlife”.
What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.
I think teaching children Jesus’ New Covenant commands is a great mindset for them to have.

No offence but that response has zero meaning to me – it’s your opinion and it’s of no value to me.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?