Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Jesus apparently died to cover off for people’s sins. People keep sinning yet the slate is washed clean. It’s just one of the many contradictions in the bible – lead a good life but you’ll be saved anyway as long as you accept Jesus as your saviour, all sins aside.
Yeah, Jesus is ‘the’ way. First and foremost, regardless of anything else, no matter what. THAT’S the ultimate belief according to the faith.
I lead a good life without a religious belief system, and outside of any expectation of a devine reward. I guess this grace must be more of an innate human trait that we developed.
I believe ya’. Millions of people lead good lives without a religious belief system or any expectation of a divine reward. Grace, to me, is getting something good that we do not deserve.
Angry believers use the threat of damnation and hell when they are confronted by logic from non-believers, so their focus changes to suit their immediate circumstances and shows their true preoccupation with the “afterlife”.
There are some angry believers that seem to be happy about the existence of hell. But not all are that way. And often the “logic” that believers are “confronted” with by non-believers isn’t ‘logic’ at all. And there are plenty of angry non-believers as well. Painting all believers the same color is no different than all atheists being painted the same color.
No offence but that response has zero meaning to me – it’s your opinion and it’s of no value to me.
That’s fine. I was simply responding to, and expanding on, an assertion that you made.

This was my original statement:

Religion only really cares about "life" after death, and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life". What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.

My takeaway from our conversation is that you concur with my first sentence.

You provided an opposing opinion on the second sentence without any expansion or substantiation.

You also made an interesting statement that grace couldn't be earned - so that means it's a lotto draw?

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 08/06/20.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?