Originally Posted by HughW
Originally Posted by yukon254

My brother lives in Dallas. Both he and his wife (in their early 50's) have had both shots (Pfizer) a little over 2 months ago. He told me recently that with the high vaccinations COVID is now a non issue for them either for work or going out. Basically back to normal. Their health care system also seems to have a jump on early cases with treatment options that is doing something to keep people out of ICU's.

I have also spoken with friends in Arizona that have not gotten the shot, are older (80's) and have maintained a normal life style. Including selling a home and moving into a new one this past spring.

Something is not right up here.

Yea I agree Hugh. We have half a dozen clients who have become good friends that live in Texas. They have maintained a fairly normal lifestyle throughout the last year. My wife's parents live in rural MO. and they have been almost completely unaffected. Each spring we usually fly down and spend two weeks with them fishing / camping on Bull Shoals. Its become a tradition for them. We couldnt go this year, or last of course, but they have gone and had a great time. They are both in their 70s, have decided not to get the vaccine, and to go on enjoying life. I have had this thought often over the last year and a half.....how much time do we have to waste? The truth is none of us know the answer to that, but when you close in on 60, the clock is running. Missing two seasons is a big deal to me. I've worked hard all my life, I dont need or want anyone telling me how to live the last decade or so I have left.