Truthfully, I don't know all that many people who have had covid. This is because the vast majority have not had it. I have had several family members who did catch it but none of them were seriously ill. One was allegedly a "long hauler" but she's a bit of a drama queen so it's far from certain. Subsequent to recovering from covid, all consider themselves to be immune. So, what are the medical facts? I don't know. The reason I don't know is because politicians and health officials have lied to us. They have claimed covid deaths which were not covid deaths at all. Once they did that, they lost all credibility to me. When they refused to identify centers which had outbreaks they lost more credibility. They made rules and imposed restrictions which had little justification and lost. If officials want me to follow their "science", they have to not lie. I am not necessarily opposed to the vaccines but I am opposed to the coercive tactics being employed. I wonder at the science behind inoculating children when the evidence says they are unlikely to show any effects from the virus.
I have said, from the start, I might get a vaccination but it will only be when I can get it without standing in line and only when I can get doses at the recommended interval. Until that happens, it's a non-starter for me.
We have over a hundred people in our campground and none of them (all from Alberta) have had covid. Some are nurses, paramedics, home care providers, and firefighters. None of them are seeing a bunch of covid cases yet, on the news, their area is a hotspot. GD