Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by BC30cal
...As you've well noted, the entire pandemic has been mismanaged from day one and as I've suggested the flip flopping on "official science" has been problematic to say the least....Dwayne

Dwayne, science always changes. You want it to change. That means doctors and scientists are interpreting data and reacting to the situation. You are witnessing qualified people adapting to fit the situation. In many respects, it's like fighting a war. Field commanders must make changes on the fly.

I laugh every time I read posts online made by people who pass unqualified judgments. We should be doing this, or taking this medicine. Ask yourself, Dwayne. Who do you trust, a doctor, or some guy from down the road who drives a school bus? Our bus driver has determined that evil forces are at play! We are all being duped! The government, Bill Gates or space aliens are trying to kill us! The medical profession is purposely misleading the public. Sadly, there is no convincing him otherwise because he knows, dammit!

These people pick and choose which articles they believe. I hope that the general public has more common sense than to take what they say at face value. Research yourself and make an educated judgment. If it's a medicine other than one of the vaccines, ask yourself if the doctors have vetted it. Ask yourself if a group of scientists or doctors would examine and peer review a treatment or a cure, but reject it because it worked? crazy

Pandemics don't happen regularly. Changes are made by qualified people, not the general public. I trust people who are trained in infectious diseases, virologists, etc. They swore an oath to protect the public, not kill them.As well, it is unwise for governments to kill off taxpayers. Their revenue drops.

COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Over 3.4 million people have died. I don't know how many people worldwide have ended up in the hospital. https://covid19.who.int/

As always, if you feel that you do not want the vaccination, don't take it. But please don't bury your head in the sand. Human activity and poor choices have helped to keep the virus alive. I hope everyone respects that this newly discovered virus is something that will be conquered by doctors and us. It's been a year and a half. Eveyrone is tired, but don't let the conspiracy theorists fool you. Stay strong. Keep the faith.

About one of the best common sense posts I've heard on the pandemic yet - Thanks!!