Greydog, I am much the same as you in that I have no use for liars and I take my time to research items / situations before making decisions. While I do not like being forced down paths my career was one of pressure and being given assignments that for some I did not agree with, I had to do to the best of my ability for a positive outcome.

I think if you take into account the Cutter Incident there could be similarities with the thoughts people had with the polio out break. Would the vaccine help or make the situation worse? I had polio and had friends that had it as well. Of the friends only one was more seriously affected, two had lesser physical impacts. At 70, I am the only one of the 4 still above grass. There are many people my age that were not impacted by polio. Some were vaccinated and many were not. With the Cutter incident I am not sure if I was an adult at that time what choice I would have made for my family.

In the case of COVID I had mentioned on another forum several months back that the long term effects of COVID were not known and for those that had the most serious case the long term could be much like polio in that polio has a post polio syndrome and COVID now is being talked about for people that have been hit the hardest as having long COVID (respiratory, mental fog, organ issues). This is not what I would call as open common knowledge that has been presented to people. This is concerning as it is a future stressor on the health system and information people should be made aware of --- not in a fear way but one of knowledge to allow for decisions.

There is no doubt in my mind that the current Federal government has used this incident to their advantage. All a person has to recall is the Liberal attempt to get 2 years of no parliament for them to operate without opposition questions (not that the current situation is any better). The most recent statement by Trudeau that if 75% of Canadians receive one shot then they could have small back yard get togethers this summer and a 85% fully vaccinated population would allow more indoor activities to me shows that he wants to maintain the fear and control of the population. With the media in his hand this manipulation will continue unless people push back.

I think it was Yukon that commented on the intelligence level of this group of politicians as being average. I would rate that comment as generous as this group in my view is highly under qualified, are not strategic thinkers and do not present risk based decisions. They instead try to manipulate / deflect / diffuse / place blame on others with misinformation to cover up for their own mistakes. I can see where a person could see this as being lied to and being pressured.

The other option is to consider the leadership as being so stupid that they do not know any better and are clueless as to the right approach.

Hugh