Your words -- How much time do we have to waste --- but when you are close to 60 the clock is running --- really ring true. I will be 70 this year and missed much of last fall's traditional hunts for geese with the guys and a few special draws.

I had coffee with one of the fellows that I have hunted with - Jim. In the 14 months of fear Jim has changed. He was always a little OCD and a worrier. His life now is risk adverse -- do not go outside, do not go around people, used to golf with a group -- no more as this is risky, flat out told me even if the lockdown is removed he would not goose hunt with the group this year (all old vaccinated people) -- it was hard to get him to come out for a coffee at an outside table at an A&W --- he wanted to sterilize the concrete table. For some people like Jim I do not think there will be a way out. The change to them will be permanent and at 70 how many years does he have left to be active. Prolonged fear can do funny things to people.

Then you have the manipulation by government. How inside of a week can we be told in Alberta that they will not be giving out AZ shots any more to people as a first dose, that there is 8600 for 2nd dose then no more ---- this is one week after they were pushing this shot -- it is available take it (which our daughter did). Now she is out on a limb -- no 2nd dose available, not recommended to take, India stops shipments and then suddenly there is more AZ and it is fine. Total inconsistent messaging is making it hard for people to believe the messengers anymore.

I have not yet booked any fishing trips due to not knowing on travel restrictions for when they will be lifted. My group of 4 guys that get together to shoot clays had to stop for 3 weeks (minimum) as we are not from the same household. I will be shutting down my consulting business as work has been slowly drying up over this past year. Our dog training groups are shut down due to restrictions.

A person tries to stay positive through this but the inconsistent messaging and decisions that are not risk based which make no sense, are making it harder to support the people putting out the messages.

Hugh