Steve;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust you're fairing acceptably, getting the weather you're requiring and all who matter to you are well.

Thanks for the well thought out and articulated post, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

For sure and certain I trust medical practitioners - doctors and folks who've been trained in chemistry, biology and such - much more than I'd trust a politician of any stripe.

That said then Steve, throughout this, I've been chatting both with my own doctor - had to see him last year for a totally unrelated minor issue - and a doctor with a strong background in science as well. They've been very helpful in aiding my understanding of the situation and yes emphatically their views changed somewhat as the situation evolved.

What I have come to not trust are folks like Dr. Tam who to me has a conflict of interest in her position with the UN and the Canadian government as well as being a doctor.

The message or perhaps better said the method of messaging from Dr. Tam is markedly different than BC's Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and for that matter Hon. Adrian Dix who is our provincial Health Minister.

Despite the fact that Premier John Horgan is very much an NDP politician, we've had much more continuity with regard to how various aspects of government directives have been communicated and then enforced.

Giving the devil his due, Horgan has for all appearances left the decision making to the scientific and medical community. We've not seen some of the suppression of personal freedoms that Quebec has faced for instance or for that matter some of the interesting stuff seen in Alberta under the watch of Jason Kenny.

Please note that's not a ringing endorsement of the current NDP in any way, shape or form. For instance as noted by my friend from up the valley- 673 - First Nations communities have been allowed to run by different rules - their own by all appearances - as well as having just passed legislation that will no longer allow us to take kids to any certified gun range. I'm working my way through the legal aspects of the gun range thing, but so help me it looks as is nobody without a PAL can shoot at an approved range in BC anymore... cool stuff there.

Anyways Steve, I am acutely aware the situation is "rapidly evolving" to say the least, but stand by my thoughts that the method and manner in which the Feds communicated with us - or didn't - gives me no faith in them whatsoever.

Lastly for sure on the vaccination issue, I attempt to be as neutral as possible when addressing it as I'm the very least qualified to make any statements on the subject. Again I respect folks who are for and against and am doing my best to understand the reasons for their positions.

Thanks again Steve and all the best to you folks out east.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"