I'd hate to end up in ICU with Covid knowing I'm here because my pride or is it arrogance would not allow me to accept the medical facts concerning the pandemic. I'd have an awful long time to reconsider the errors, turning things over and over in my mind and wishing I had made better choices.

These thoughts would occur to me:

Where could I have contracted this disease? Who likely gave it to me? If my wife has it, will she die? If not - what's the quality of her life likely to be? Did I pass the disease on to her?

And just as a bonus wondering - what is my life is going to be like if I survive? Will I be a long hauler who no longer can do the activities I used to do? Will I be able to hunt? Ride my mountain bike?

And most important - What could I have done better to avoid this outcome? What precaution did I ignore??

Instead if I get the disease anyway, I would certainly feel better knowing that I had made the best possible decisions with the most informed knowledge I possessed at the time but it was just not in the cards for me to remain Covid free.

I did everything recommended by professionals I could and still live a somewhat normal life albeit with an abundance of caution, but $*** happens so I go to my maker with a clear conscience or live with the future effects on my health. I'm good with that.

I could get lucky and nothing would change. I'd be the same guy that went into the hospital and came out in good shape or maybe not even have to go in the hospital - even luckier still. Am I willing to bet on that???? Am I willing to risk that for my family??

I realize that on this thread these questions largely fall on deaf ears, but for me, this self analysis is important. Take a moment and ask yourself these questions which I can pretty much suspect will be going through many people's minds while laying on the gurney.

Do any of you find it strange that people who have contracted Covid and come out of ICU (or had relatives that did) or even just people who were very sick at home don't blow this off as just the flu? Why is that???

Oh and I don't vote Liberal, believe in a solid work ethic, am not Woke and also enjoy shooting (just for the record). grin