Originally Posted by HughW
Yukon -- some great news for you folks in our paper. How will this affect your ability to bring in guests? Two shots and a direct flight to the lodge or a transfer to a flight with no stay over should be able to get people in?

Events of 200, restaurants and bars at full capacity as Yukon lifts COVID-19 rules

https://edmontonjournal.com/pmn/new...wcm/eb7a7d5e-b4d3-4e6d-8a12-362372cd5801

Hugh, its good news indeed. It wont help us much unfortunately because the vast majority of our clients are international. We sent out emails cancelling our season a couple weeks ago, as we knew the borders wouldnt open in time. The air charter company we rely on hasnt even put insurance on its aircraft yet. They wont until the borders open because they just dont have enough business to justify the expense until that happens. Im not complaining though. It is indeed good news, and I will take it all day long. I've taken a 'summer' job for the second year in a row. First time in 35 years, I have worked a regular job. Im not complaining about that either, a lot of outfitters were not so lucky.

The article says Yukon had two deaths because of covid. Our local papers said the same thing. The first person that died from 'covid' lived in Watson Lake. My youngest daughter was one of the paramedics on that call. Lots more to the story than covid. The second "Yukoner" that apparently died from covid wasnt even in Yukon when they died. The paper wasnt clear if it was someone who was still a resident or someone who used to live here, but at any rate they were not in Yukon when they got the virus and passed away.