Originally Posted by WMR
MI has some troubling laws regarding the concealed carry or vehicle transport of fixed blade knives. It looks like they apply mainly to double edged knives. Several cities have more restrictive knife laws. Seems clear as mud. The situation looks ripe for selective enforcement.

An aside: Do you guys really carry those large knives? Are they uncomfortable? Full disclosure: my edc knife is a 2-3 inch folder that gets used often, but most commonly to open packages.

I don't carry a big knife on me every day, but I often do, if I'm hunting, fishing or working on my property. I always have one handy in my truck.

The knives I posted earlier are a couple my brother and I sold to people that fully plan to use them. We have sold a good many over the years, so I guess a "Stabby cutty" knife is a popular thing to have handy.

I have carried this 6" pilots survival knife from Camillus off and on for 30 years. It is handy and fairly easy to sharpen and while I don't field dress much game with it, it has done the job in the past. I do know that it will go all the way to the bottom of a jar of peanut butter. The saw teeth aren't very useful to me, but the knife was made for a different purpose than I use it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lately, I have switched off to this 6" hunter that I have pretty much within reach every day. I like the size and I guess a fair comparison would be to a 6" K-bar. I just wanted one that had a little better steel and a stag handle. I also wanted one that had a more "sporting" look but retained the "Stabby, Cutty" functionality of a large knife. It does this very well.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Harry