Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Originally Posted by FatCity67
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Those old ones are sweeet.

You bet. I've got one of the older USA made models too, from the 1970s. Same sheath.

Great minds and all that whistle

Friend who's even more "crafty" than I was here a coupla months ago. Saw the knife sitting on my old desk in the chewed up sheath. Yes, honest to goodness one of our dogs "ate" it, like it was homework. Probably back in '05 or so, so it's been a desk knife since. Having seen the sheath like that he demanded to take tracings of it and the knife and made me a new sheath. Which, thanks to the reminder here, I can see needs to be greased.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I carried that thing when doing stream work in the 90s in the woods of NW Cali. Was told by a campus cop on the University there it wasn't allowed to be carried, even on the public streets that ran through campus, because the fixed blade was too long. It meets CA regs, even for being under a shirt tail, but the University system has (had?) their own rules. I told him not to push the issue or I would have every steak knife removed from every dorm room, and the cafeteria if fixed blades over 2.5" were not allowed "on campus" . He just asked me to leave it in the car while I attended some meeting or something I was on campus for that evening.

Oh, I forgot, I've got the black plastic crappier version in the door pocket of the truck. Made in Ireland as I recall, in the late 90's???

Last edited by Valsdad; 09/21/21.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?