Originally Posted by logger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
A few years back, one of our older, tenured members, Logger, who has a 2004 join date started a thread. IIRC, he called all of us newer members “pussified extraordinaire” for making this place too soft.

He, in so many words said, the old Fire of days gone by was filled with hardcore members who didn’t take any shît from anybody...Calling all new members, sissy girls, who couldn’t hold a fart in against the spirited verbal abuse from members of his time of joining.

Of course all of us newer members jumped on his head, and stomped his drunk ass into the sod...It was a glorious keyboard fight at the time.

Logger, is a good dude. But, the point, here is. The Fire hasn’t changed all that much, or is it dying.

It just has a newer crop of members who mix it up, arguably, over some of the most threatening topics any of us have ever had to face, both politically and socially in today’s world.

Times are a changing and we newer members don’t like what we are seeing happening to our country. And we at times show it by thrashing on certain members who we believe are enemies of our country and the way of life we believe in.

I would hedge a guess, that if you’re offended by the tone and textured of today’s Fire. You probably got your nuts ripped off at the root by the old time members from days gone by.

Once a cûnt, always a cûnt.

Whoa there Beav - that certainly wasn't me. Never my style. I would never say that about any member. Actually, I have never engaged in these types of threads - just let them pass by. Check all of my post. I don't appreciate being accused of something that I haven't done.

If I'm mistaken in what I posted I apologize.
Coulda been someone else with a similar username.
But it did trigger memories of interaction with someone on here for me.