Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by DocRocket
[quote=irfubar]

At this point in time, more than 80 cents out of every healthcare dollar goes to people who never lay eyes on patients.

Read that again everyone. It seems like most of us on the forum are fortunate enough to be able to afford health care. There are far too many very hard working people in this country who are struggling to pay for insurance/care. That's a lot of money that's not going into the broader economy, and that's not good for the economy.

I'd probably be run out of the forum if I advocated for healthcare reform, but I do. It needs to start with addressing that 80% number. BUT, and this is a big but, from an economic standpoint, taking a goodly portion of that 80% out of the picture will cause a massive economic shift. This is not something that we can slam the brakes on. It would take a lot of planning and cooperation, two things our government sucks at.

Obama was right on very little. He nailed it when he said this about healthcare. "If it was easy, we would have already done it." His plan was NOT the solution.

And nobody has even mentioned.. the Klintons..

who had ample opportunity.. and did nothing.

Well, here we are.

Let's all cheer for the democrats again. Hero of the common man.

Last edited by local_dirt; 04/27/22.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH