Originally Posted by efw
The problem from my perspective is that I’ve lost the faith you seem to hold unquestioningly to if you’re going to draw that historical parallel, and that is that our governing elites are the good guys (England) and not the bad guys (Germany).

My sense is that those here who served in the military during the Cold War haven’t appropriately grappled with that question.

Over the past few years I’ve seen the deceptiveness and ways that I’ve been drug into this whole thing and found it pretty distressing.

Our ruling elites are the bad guys on the global stage. By that I mean our government and the oligarchs who control the companies that the government uses to keep us placated.

Your position assumes that those people all of a sudden are doing the right thing in Ukraine.

That to me is insane, ignorant, or evil.

Is it your position that the Russians are the "Good guys" and the West, including the U.S. are the "Bad Guys"? If so, shouldn't you move to Russia? Since the founders of BLM were trained in Russia, does that make them the "Good Guys"? Who exactly where those Russians, in Moscow, that trained the founders of BLM and could they have possibly had an ulterior motive?

Yes, my experiences are different from your, and as a result I see things different than you. Much of economics is about choices and making choices. In introduction you seemed to presume there's a good choice and a bad choice to be made in this conflict. Sometimes there are no good choices, only bad and less bad choices. Sure, Biden's and idiot, and the Ukraine is corrupt. But it's till less corrupt than Russia, and Putin still see's himself and the new Peter the Great and seek to expand Russia and return it to it's prior glory.

And that's why The Cold War never really ended. Sure we got so far ahead on points we quit playing, and started new games with other friends in Middle East, but the Cold War never really ended, both side just took a breather, similar to the interwar period between WWI and WWII. Ukraine is just the new playground for this 77 year competition between us. If the Russians want to play, that's fine, we'll let them exhaust themselves in Ukraine, chew through all their best equipment, a generation of young men, and leave themselves too exhausted to venture past the Stan's for another 30 years. Sure, in a few decades they'll be back, but in the mean time they'll be relegated to cyber attacks and training the leaders of the next, Occupy Wall-Streeter, BLM, or what ever name they use for the next group of malcontents they convince to burn down their own neighborhoods.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell