Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by KFWA
Kentucky landed a recruit named DJ Wagner, so I was searching for Wagner news on twitter.

I ended up seeing multiple posts about a group called PMC Wagner. I suspect most of you know who they are. I did not.

so I looked up exactly what PMC Wagner is, they are a private military group that hires mercenaries. PMC stands for Private Military Company and wikipedia says , fwiw, they are the defacto private army for Putin.

I found multiple posts about a russian POW executed (apparently one of theirs) who was part of a prisoner exchange with Ukraine.

PMC Wagner executed him using a sledgehammer and posted the pictures. I guess they don't tolerate mercenaries getting caught as POWs. That's gotta be a rough way to go.

He was a prisoner let out early to serve the Wagner group. With the understanding that cutting and running or switching sides carried a death sentence.

Story I read said he was in for murder.

Meh, that did t even move the needle for me.

That little piece of context, presuming it's true, really matters. We know Russia's using prisoners, so in that context, this would make perfect sense.

Spattering the rest of the prison unit with the brains of a deserter may prove an effective anti-desertion technique. Only problem is, if they desert to the other side, they'll fight to the death before getting recaptured.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell