Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m fine with Russians killing pseudo-Russians and our enemies weakening each other 10,000 miles away.
That works for me.

That you for the thoughtful response.

Now a couple points of order.
Ukraine IS located in Europe. So is Moscow, and all of Russia up to the Ural mountains, down to the Caspian sea, along the Caucuses, along the black sea to the Dardanelle's Ukraine has a long as storied history, along with Poland being the playground of empires where east meets west for the last 800 years, and it's once again serving that roll today.

Remember when you were a kid. You'd start rough housing with your brother, and the parents didn't want to you break anything in the house, so they'd send you outside and you'd go out to the sand box and kick sand in each others face. You could body slam each other in the soft sand, and sure you'd get a dirty and mom would have to wash your cloths, but nothing important got broken?

So if Russia wants to a pissing match in the sandbox, that's fine. We'll give some toys to our favorite thugs, let the Russians duke it out with them in the sandbox and not get anywhere close to inside the house (Current NATO countries) and the fine china.

As for how much responsibility we have for Ukraine, that's debatable. We made them a series of security assurances back in the 90's as a precondition for them to turn over their nuclear arsenal for disposal.

As for three of the last 4 administrations pushing for war, I believe you give them way too much credit and greatly under estimate their incompetence. Yes the left "hates" wars, but we have more wars under leftist administration due to their weakness and incompetence on the international stage.

Yes, the irony of the left/right switch as it applies to Russia isn't lost upon me. Today if someone says Ukraine those on the far right automatically think, "Biden Bad", and their brain shuts off, like that zombie in the "good shoot" thread from earlier today. It's actually quite facinating.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/13/22.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell