Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hastings
Now due to our policing the world we are broke and hopelessly in debt. And now we keep pouring billions of borrowed $$$$ into the God forsaken SH of a country Ukraine.

This isn't just about Ukraine. It's about much more.
Why do we care? Where do we get the money? Don't we have a lot of projects going not done here in the lower 48 and Alaska because we don't have the money.

Is there a reasonable expectation that some foreign super power would mount a cross ocean invasion of the USA? That is unless we get so financially and politically unhinged that we couldn't fight back. We seemingly already have a fifth column.

Let me ask you the same question I asked deflave. How much of Europe are you willing to see under Russian control? A return to the old Soviet borders up to Berlin, or all the way to the Atlantic?
Do you honestly believe the Russian federation has the military resources to sweep Europe?
Thats contradictory to your and Burns claims lowly Ukraine is stomping them.

How much has their combat power been degraded in Ukraine?

How much of that was due to international aid, including U.S provided weapons?

Without our aid, who this war already be over, and would Russia be able to redirect their remaining combat power toward the remaining targets on their list?

Or, was this simplest solution to arm the Ukrainians and for a few hundred billion dollars blunt Russian aggression for several decades?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell