Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I don't see any of the Orc Lovers talking about their time in the service.

I wonder why that is?
In my case it is because I wanted no part of it. And now I don't want my kids or grandchildren mixed up in killing or being killed in some foolishness across the ocean.

We haven't gained a thing by our foreign adventures. Nothing. Starting with the Spanish/American War. All it has done is put us into position for another war. WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and all that Middle-East crap.

And before anyone pipes up with "Japan attacked us". Why did they attack us? Who embargoed them, who blockaded trade with them?

As Ron Paul observed "sanctions lead to war".

We sanctioned Japan AFTER they attacked our then ally, China.

And everything in the world you could possible need is made right there in Louisiana.
Our ally China? Then why after the war did we leave them to the tender mercies of the Communists? Why did we pull out of North Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan. Almost everywhere we've gone to save was left in a mess.

And now we are BROKE, and Europe is gearing up for another conflagration. And of course we are stupid enough to be in NATO.

And everything I need could be made in this country or with the money we would save we could go out and buy it on the world market. You know, free trade, no restrictions on a country because they offend us.

You win some, you loose some, and sometimes you hold the barbarians behind the wall of allies for 5 decades.

Freedom isn't free. It's not a question of if we're going to pay a price, just what price, and when and how we're going to pay it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell