Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
John, how much time did the gal put in behind the rifle prior to taking her out hunting?

I think she dry fired it 3 or 4 time before we went out and another half dozen dry fires on the elk.

This is amazing, and not a "good" amazing. You let a gal with absolutely no experience shooting game with a rifle and furthermore, no experience shooting at that range at anything, take her first shot at a living big game animal?

We've disagreed before on cartridge choice and that's fine. I watched the video and saw the DRT performance of the choice. It wouldn't be my choice, but that's fine too. I have friends who have used the same combo for smaller big game at those ranges and swear by them. They happen to be some of the top competitive precision shooters in the country. I'm willing to accept that perfect placement will do the job.

But it's obvious that you are trying to prove something. It's even more obvious that you feel a steel target has the same value as any big game animal.

Twisted.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.