Originally Posted by 40O
Magnum Man,
as I see it the only difference between big stick and you is the side of the argument he was on. Both of you avoid addressing a posters position to win/try to win style points.

The shooter made a good shot, sure. But isn't the purpose behind the video to demonstrate that anyone with jb's system and jb setting up the shot can do the same thing?

the post show that the shooter is a hunter, and may have been the one to scout the elk. The post fail to state whether she could get closer that 688 yards.

Well 1st things first, I haven't seen any posts by big stick on this thread maybe you are confused. No need to compare me to him as I have not the skills or ability at enlightened profanity to get my point across as he does.Don't drink koolaid or need style points I am, who I am. I don't doubt that JB's system is one of the best and that he is one of the best LR shooters out there. I have done some LR shooting with BPCR, well only to 1000 yds and enjoyed it very much. LR shooting with a reg smokeless CFR is new to me and thru the video and resulting thread I can see I need to do some and expand my experiences with my more modern rifles as just something else to learn and succeed at. Shot the leg off an antelope one time way out there for me and while I did not lose her she suffered more than I want to tolerate so I've kept most of my game shooting under 350 yds.That was then, now days the improvement in lazer range finding , scopes, good ballistic programs,and great bullets availible make me want to learn how to use them all and expand my abilities. Ethics to anything you do is your responsibility not someone elses.The BPCR LR shooting taught me right off the bat that you can make shots that you didn't imagine you could, if you learn and practice them. A long the way in life I also learned if I could read and follow instructions I was usually successful at what I was doing. It's no stretch of my imagination to think that gal can't take verbal instruction follow the directions and achieve success either.I don't know if she couldn't have got closer and it's a moot point now cause hindsight is allways 20/20. 400 you have a good day. Magnum Man