Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by PastorDan
I'm not interested in sharing my opinion on this...the animal died instantly and that is good by me...but people shouldn't get upset about all the negative comments. I can't imagine the OP didn't know he would be pouring gas on the fire by posting this.

I think it is pretty evident that the vast majority of posters in the thread have been basically positive in seeing someone cleanly kill their first big game animal.

I also concede that the circumstances were different than many hunters are used to and that has caused a few posters to question the situation. We all have our opinions and the reason why the 24hr Campfire is popular is the chance to share opinion and discuss hunting.

I am also sure that a few here have had their egos crunched from watching a �girl� handle a tough situation so well, better than they feel they would be able to perform in a similar situation.

To those sour pusses I have will just say too bad kids, she knocked that elks nose in the dirt at 688yds and I am proud to have been there and seen it. laugh laugh laugh

Good job John.