Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Originally Posted by noneck180
I actually stuck up for this hunt on another forum, before reading this. I can't believe this young girl had never shot this rifle before. John you should be ashamed..

I think I already explained I feel pretty proud of how that all worked out.

It is possible that me calling her a �girl� in the title of the thread is somewhat misleading but it made me smile. smile

While this might have been her first big game animal she owns her own bird dogs and hunts upland game most every weekend.

The elk was hauled out of the hills in the back of her 1 ton dually truck. She owns a string of horses (including one of the better mannered stud horse I have ever been around) and tack (including pack saddles) and regularly rides alone in the exact area in which she killed the elk. She was ready to saddle up and pack that elk out of any hole it could find.

She owns her own .300 WSM.

She works 12 hr shifts in the QC dept of a company that makes cancer medicines and only has the weekends to hunt.

I did not �let� her shoot that elk. I simply told her what the gun would do and she made the decision understanding exactly what could go wrong.

What really makes me smile is how she performed so well in a situation that has a few, just a few, of you guys stumped.

An impartial observer might draw the conclusion her stellar performance has damaged a few fragile egos. I mean if a �girl� can do it ??? cool

JB,

Good on ya and tell the girl congrats. This place didn't used to be like this.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.