Call me nuts, but i would rather have a calm inexperienced shooter than someone that thinks they know what they are doing. Reason is simple if they dont think they know what they are doing, they let you tell them what to do and how.
I had my old 7 mag out busting rocks at 650. My neighbor thought it was cool and wanted to try. He had never shot beyond 100 yards. He listened well, let me talk him into the shot and listened. He hit the rocks and we went all the way to 750. It was fun and an education. Same gun but different shooter. Had my best friend out and i was busting rocks at 400 yards. He wanted to shoot my rifle so i let him. I told him what to set the scope on and how to hold. He kept missing. I grabbed the rifle and hit the rocks. Finally asked him what the deal was, he told me he was aiming a lil hi and adjusting for wind. I told him he didnt need to with the scope set. After finally listening he busted some rocks. He has hunted as long as me and has more experience than my neighbor.
So in a sense sometimes its better for someone willing to learn and listen to take long shots than someone who thinks they know it all and wont listen. Just my take on it.
I also have a new 7 mag, i wont shoot it beyond 550 yards because i dont have the confindence in myself yet with that rifle set up. I do have the yards set to 800 but doubt i will ever use em because i havent been confident in that rifle at those ranges yet. My old 7RM no issue because i new the gun. This new one will take time.
JB seems to know his guns and what they do. I like the confidence. Great kill!

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1