Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
blah blah blah. I know my rifles inside and out too, and still don't consider my 243 an ethical 700yd elk gun.

I would not use your .243 Win either. I guess we agree on that point. cool

Originally Posted by John_G
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I think Barns [sic] is a hell of a shooter and has done a lot for LRH, but after finding out you didn't even put her on gongs for a few hours with the gun is kinda foolish. You put her behind the gun for one reason, to prove to the masses that a GB precision rig can kill stuff in the hands of a rookie.

Bingo - We have a winner!

It's one thing to take the guys out for the first time and show them how to hit rocks at long range. Too bad John didn't do that first with the young lady. Methinks he jumped the gun for the sake of self-promotion.

What is actually the funniest is the thought that I made the decision to shoot or not shoot.

Of the three of us on the hill I can promise you I was the most hesitant about the shot. She was absolutely sure she could make the shot if the wind hold was right and the elevation worked as she had been told.

The one thing I was absolutely sure of was the gun would hit under the crosshair and the .243 Win/105 VLD would cleanly kill that elk if the bullet landed in the vital zone.

Who am I to tell a grown up to shoot or not shoot at her first elk. She understood the consequences of a bad shot and was way more prepared to deal with a problem than most of the other hunters I have seen shoot their first elk.

I think we keep getting back to fragile egos and �Girls� should not shoot elk. cry

John I hope you don't think I'm trolling or anything here. I could care less if she was a 20 year old girl or a 70 year old man, it was a hell of a shot. I've been defending you over at CGN for 20+ pages of flack from others. I know you know your [bleep] more than anyone around here, myself included.

It just kinda disturbed me to think you didnt have her bust rocks with the gun first. And if you think I missed the advertisement oppurtunities that this video puts forth you're mistaken.

But seriously, thanks for answering the questions I've asked John. Keep doing what you're doing, SOB its working well.

Last edited by archie_james_c; 12/08/11.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not