Originally Posted by bluegillman
still more azz kissing. anyone else pulled this stunt they would be bludgened to death with electronic hate for 60-70 pages.... the op is obviously a pompous azz after reading his replies. another person who thinks they only have the skill, money to pull this off................not

to the girl congrats you got lucky this time, squeezing the trigger after the scope was dialed in for you and after two failed " set-ups" to which you may have missed or wounded elk........we will never know. really makes you the elk guru, perhaps you can start your own t.v. show.

this was a stunt pure and simple and a very risky one. you will never find a piece of literature anywhere that promotes a .243 as a 700 yard elk cartridge. this elk was either brained or spined. ala luck shot. i have lots of elk under my belt and have been on many kills. and BFD about the vld slug. people talk like it is something it is not. it is copper and lead just as a speer spitzer, it has no detonating quality, carries no poison ect. has a high bc. thats it.....

our big game herds deserve better than being used for target practice, and to prove an egotistical point. end of story.

i am not saying no one should do it, many guys are superb long range shots. if people feel impowered for it cool. but when you brag, and try and glorify it don't be surprised when some people don't jump out of their chairs and clap their hands and holler for you and want you to sign there rifles.some enjoy hunting

a redneck who was swilling keystone light all day in a bed of truck and spotted the elk at the same distance and held out his trusty .30-.30 and aimed 10 elk high and shot could have done the same thing. as i said before anyone can squeeze a trigger.and anyone can get lucky. don't think you are carlos hathcock of the hunting world.

congrats to the girl for shooting her first elk. maybe she will get to hunt someday.

Amen to that. Thanks for your excellent response.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.