Yes Archie and JM Bwana- MY refernce shows the .243 slug with .53 BC (Berger VLD) started at 3000 fps, having a retained velocity of about 1860, energy a little over 800 ft. lbs. Time of flight near 0.90 second. 82 inches more drop than a 300 yard zero. 35" drift in 10 mph full value cross wind. An animal walking 4 mph would move about 65" in that time. (Reference manual by Phillip Mannes. I didn't memorize it because I don't shoot at game that far and don't own a .243 Win.)
I have had occasion to chrono factory ammunition and reloads. Actual velocities did not match published nor predicted. BC's tend to cary with conditions and other factors. But then you are so very informed and wise that you know all that. It appears you would suggest that any novice reading the posts could do it with good equipment, and not actually shooting (a lot?) at the extended ranges you espouse as suitable?
Good to know to that only opinions of the folks that agree with you count and are not 'foolish'. My 'opinion' v. yours should be equally valid. But then again...