I used to pack the 9mm 124 gr. +P Speer Gold Dot and still like that load. However, I've been suggesting the 147 gr. as an excellent alternative to the 124 gr. +P for awhile now. The 147 gr. is usually scary accurate, recoils less than the 124 gr. +P, and the new generation of 147's are earning great street cred's in actual shootings. My personal Smith & Wesson M/P 9mm is now stoked with the 147 gr. Federal HST. That or the Winchester Ranger T and Speer Gold Dot are doing great work protecting the good guys in the real world. There seems to be a resurgence of the 9mm in law enforcement of late and many agencies are issuing the 9mm 147 gr. loading in some form or another with excellent success.

Note to Doc - I also wanted to use the 147 gr. in my Kahr P9 and the wife's Kahr Lady K9 however both those Kahr's refuse to run the 147 gr. weights. They are boringly reliable with 124's but stutter badly on the heavier bullets. So do I take it that your personal PM9 runs the heavier bullet reliably?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.