Take_a_knee,

There is more to guns than killing things. I like to play with stuff and compare stuff. I think I got the six boxes of RBCD for about $100. There are twenty rounds in a box. The Mag-Saf is $22 for a bubble pack of eight. By the way my wife's Walther PK.380 loves the accuracy with the Mag-Safe. She bought it because it was cute.

As far as the RBCD ammo goes I can give you some water jug testing results.

I purchased six boxes; .380, .40, .45, and .44 mag. They pay shipping if you buy six boxes; mix or match caliber. Also I purchsed six buble packs of Mag-Safe three for the .380 and two for the .40 and my Freedom Arms .454 in addition to two boxes of Remington 88 grainers in .380 caliber.

My son-in-law right away got after some one gallon juice jugs filled with water. The .40, .45, and .44 mag were devistating. The .40 and .45 litterally blew up the first two jugs throwing fragments up to thirty feet away. The bullets fragmented and particles were found in at least three jugs. The .44 mag destroyed three jugs and went through the fourth. In all of the above tests only fragmented pieces of the bullets were found.

We fired only one with the .380 (1,830 feet per second) the jug was split all the way around as though it were cut in to, but not fragmented. The beautifully mushroomed bullet was found in the tree behind the jug. It was too large to go into a .40 case but small enough to go into a .45 case.

There is a pleasant and noticable difference in the magazine weight of his .45 XDM between the RBCD and whatever the other load he packs. Man it is heavy. I think the mags hold sixteen rounds each.

A guy at he range tried the RBCD in his little .380 Sig. It looks like a baby 1911. He fired a five shot off hand group of 3 3/4" at 7 1/2 yards. A Taurus .380 fired a six shot group from the reast of 4" at 7 1/2 yards. A Ruger LCP fired four shots from a rest into 3 1/2" at 7 1/2 yards.

A Taurus fired six Mag-Safe into a 4 7/8" group.

The guy with the Taurus fired a six shot group of 2 3/16" with Remington 88 grainers from a rest. The guy with the Ruger had a lazer on his and fired a 1 3/16" group with the same bullets off hand! Both were fired from 7 1/2 yards.

My .40 EA Witness is a one holer with the RBCD at seven and a half yards.

There was not enough recoil with the Mag-Safe from the .454 for it to hit near the point of aim. They all hit way too low. I figure at the velocity of 2,500 feet per second the design feature of over penetration was negated. I'm not going to find out.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter