Originally Posted by DocRocket
When you consider that the first 3-4" of gelatin penetration represents the energy needed to cut through skin, this means that standard 380 ACP JHP's are only going to penetrate 1-2" in flesh,

dude seriously, 1-2" is all your giving the 380 credit for?? how come this guy on video proves you TOTALLY wrong, he tests many different 380 rounds and just from the few I saw there was a couple that went through 4 layers of denim and over 10"

http://www.youtube.com/user/tnoutdoors9/videos?query=380

check out tnoutdoors other 380 ammo tests. I believe a video alot more than you claiming the 380 is going to bounce off the flesh. it also shows FMJ bullets going all the way through a 20" block. is the 380 a 9mm NO, the point is the likely hood of needing your CCW should be a consideration on how larger of a gun you use. I lived in waco texas a long time. If I am going to east waco, give me a full size glock. if I am carrying where I live now I feel good about my LCP. where the likelyhood is low carry a lighter gun. if your going to gangsta hood carry a bigger gun.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 03/19/12.