Originally Posted by DocRocket

As for the Buffalo Bore loads you mention, Johan did not have any on hand to test, but he told me he has tested them.

As posted previously.

Don't presume that just because a bullet is going fast it's going to perform well. Bullet construction (whether JHP or lead alloy) is a major factor in bullet performance. Bullets are designed to work within certain specific velocity parameters, and outside of those limits performance degrades sharply.

LATE EDIT: Just reviewed my notes from after the seminar and I was mistaken. Buffalo Bore was NOT specifically mentioned. I apologize for any misleading suggestion I made. We discussed a LOT of specific loads and calibers, mostly off the record. I should have reviewed my notes before making the comment I made earlier.

FWIW, every Buffalo Bore load I've used has been stout, and I have no reason personally or professionally to malign their 380 load. I've talked with some 24HCF members who like it, but as I'm not a 380 man, I'm not in a position to comment on that one way or another.

Again, I apologize for my error.

Last edited by DocRocket; 03/16/12.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars