Originally Posted by safariman
...my petite wife just is NOT going to do that or anything close so the P3AT is usefu for us as it has her armed and gunned up as best as is practical. Again, I think the +P+ 100gr FNHC bullets at 1180 that are in her gun are going to penetrate just fine.

Mark, I hear ya on the wife thing, and believe me I will not criticize her or anyone for choosing to carry a 380 for personal protection. It's a personal decision, and the person making the decision is the only one who has to live with (or die with!) the consequences, whether it be a 25 ACP or a 44 Magnum. The only reason I put this up at all was to enlighten those who aren't aware of the performance limitations of the cartridge.

As for the Buffalo Bore loads you mention, Johan did not have any on hand to test, but he told me he has tested them. (You have to understand something about what an ethical guy Johan is: he will not comment on any other manufacturer's ammunition as a matter of principle, whether it be good or bad.) His reply to my question about the BB ammo was to say, very pointedly, that the only 380 ammo he would even consider carrying is the Speer 90 gr GDHP. Take from that what you will.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars