Docrocket, thanks for the interesting topic and hope I didn't come across as a total azz on my post. I'm very familiar with the selection of the 10mm and did have all the FBI's videos they produced on topic and their testing procedures. I wish I still had all that stuff including their info on the Miami shooting. (Is Fackler still around?)

Remember computer man, I think it was called?

My problem is that I'm a little jaded on the latest and greatest. The .380, 32 and 22 have punched the ticket for many. They are not ideal but then again nothing is 100% and we all have seen things that just couldn't happen. We were issued the 9mm Silvertip long after the FBI abandoned them and they worked on the street too even with some less than ideal placement. I'd still be carrying them on my own if my stash wasn't so old.

At the present I carry the little guns as an all the time in my pocket. Not ideal but I'm not going to roll over and quit because of that.

I think most failure is due to software rather than hardware anyway. We all pay our money and take our chances.

Last edited by stray round; 03/20/12.