Hmmm,the first killing I worked many years ago as a first time sheriff's deputy was a father-in-law shooting his (daughter beating) son-in-law. Three rounds to the chest from a colt mustang .380 translated to a DRT son-in-law. I guess the son-in-law shoulda been made of gelatin and he woulda been fine. The son-in-law dropped right where he was shot. Seemed pretty effective to me. Years later, a local newspaper guy while tossing news papers early in the AM, ran over a corpse of a woman laying in the road. Turns out she had taken one round of .380 to the chest after telling her baby daddy that she was pregnant. She managed to crawl out to the road in an attempt to look for help and expired. Bottom line guys, shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.

I've had the unfortunate experience to have seen people killed with all kinds of things. I've seen more people killed with blunt instruments and knives than guns. Sure, there are more effective rounds in a handgun but the .380 in about convenience in my book. I can throw my Ruger in my pocket and go....I like it. I also carry a Hinderer XM-18 and a Spyderco Endura. If the #### ever hits the fan, I WILL have all three on me because they are comfortable to carry and don't sit in the drawer collecting dust. That being said, if I'm going somewhere where I suspect a greater than average chance of issues, I throw my H&K P2000 or Glock 23 in a pack or inside the waist holster. Where I live however, shorts and t-shirts are the clothes of choice in the summer and the Ruger fits.

Last edited by jasontx; 03/18/12.