Originally Posted by BobinNH

Anyway I think it sounds pretty cool! Gotta be a pretty mean open country cartridge.

{Yes, no doubt, but, it will not be any better in real terms than several other currently available cartridges}

I'd order a spare barrel right away. smile

{Good idea, let's wait and SEE just what features their new "platform" for this and perhaps, .308" and .338" versions on the same case, will have. I would LOVE a CRF rifle, with a workable, reasonably priced setup where one could buy extra tubes, pre-chambered and headspaced to the one action and such a system would, IMO, help with sales volumes in what is a rather "specialized" cartridge.}

The 264 Win Mag boys have been trying for decades to get 3200 from 140 gr bullets.....some powders do it and some don't I guess. Well, seems that will be a safe bet with this cartridge....so there ya go!What's not to like?

{The various P-64 Westerners, owned by buddies and I, all have made 3200+, with 140 NPs over IMR-7828 and I expect that RE-25, will do much the same. If, I were younger, I would have grabbed a couple of minty Westerners, that have come my way in the past several years, as for $3K to $3500.00, one can install a Micky, Bansner, Brown or whatever and a Conquest or VX3 and you are good to go.

Mine, will put the 140 NP into tiny groups at 300M all day with the above load at 3250 average, a good shot, better than me, can do major work at LONG range with this, IMHO.