Wow !

seems this forum has quite a few guys who readily defecate all over a cartridge they have ZERO experience with !
most are happily sitting in a stagnating pool of cartridges developed before they were born, all the while we have improvements and technologies that allow for incredible performance gains and further refinements with experience and knowledge gained on an almost daily basis .

the 26 Nosler is a step in the right direction as it will give cause and reason for manufacturers to develop new cartridge components, powders ( 300 RUM = 208, 210, 215 and 230 gr high bc bullets ? )
and the potential for improved barrel quality and barrel steel treatments such as nitriding, there is a vast space in potential improvements in almost every department when it comes to firearms, ammunition and related components ,

all I read is the constant whining about barrel life , there is a reason why the barrel is threaded and screwed on , if they were meant to last forever don't you think the barrels would have been welded on permanently ?

Recoil ?
are you freaking insane ? in a 264 ? WTH is that all about ? have some people really gotten so soft in their comfortable little lives that a miniscule amount of discomfort is exaggerated to extreme proportions then loudly proclaimed as fact to the extent of believing it themselves ,

No matter if you whiners and BS'rs pizz and moan like hooers with the clap,
the 26 Nosler will shine with the 160 gr Matrix bullets with a BC at .685 and the 142 gr Matrix with a BC at .625
I know this because I have been playing with my wildcat 6.5 with a capacity of 104 grains, the 160 Matrix bullets at 3400 fps is a wonderful thing !
the best part is ............. when the tires go bald ... You can put shiny new ones on, maybe go with a different size .. height , width, make, model etc .......

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".