Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by JasonH
Just to play devils advocate, does it really matter if it burns a barrel up in 1,000-1,500 rounds? Say the average hunter will take it out and zero it......thats maybe 10-20 rounds if you have a hard time. From then on it will be shot in the field. If you are lucky lets say 8-10 times a year. And thats assuming that its the only rifle you ever use. We are talking a lifetime of use to get 1,000 rounds. These are not benchrest or target rifles. Also, even if the accuracy degrades somewhat over time, say from 3/4" groups to 1.5" or even 2" groups......that is minute of deer all the live long day. Remember when Weatherby rifles came with a 1.5" guarantee and everyone thought that was just great? It's still plenty good enough.

IMHO this round my do fairly well. Assuming that Nosler chambers it in their Trohy Grade rifle which is fairly affordable at 1600-1700 dollars. Now if they go and chamber it only in their custom line in the 4000-5000 dollar range, it will be a different story.

As far as Nosler being the only one to chamber it, I don't see that as a problem. How long were Weatherby cartridges proprietary? How about Lazzeroni? Lazzeroni doesn't set the woods on fire, but he is still in business.

I can see an entire line of Nosler cartridges.....maybe 33 Nosler, 35 Nosler or even a 25 Nosler.

These are good times to be a rifle nut. Just enjoy it.

If a guy is only shooting 8-10 rounds a year, he would be much better off with a more sedate cartridge. This is because he will not possess the skillset to take advantage of this rounds capabilities, which are really only going to be seen at really long range.

BS, one can shoot something else to practice with.

Good luck getting good dope on 8-10 rounds per year.