Gee.....I wasn't there....but I bet the same conversations went on around the Hot Stove league when the 270 Winchester was introduced. smile

"It'll never catch on!.....what's it for???...the 30/06 is mo betta!!!!"....I can hear it all now. grin

Until a few backed off 200-400 yards with Lyman 48's and 2.5X scopes, and started whacking things.

Today seems those in the know love 6.5's.....and many today grow faint and would rather stay home if they can't hunt with a bullet the BC of which isn't in the .600's.

Think about it,and the commercial lineup does not contain anything in the way of a high performance 6.5 other than the 264WM,while we are up to our eyeballs in 7mm's and 30's....McWhorters website shows lots of 6.5's but most are not factory rounds......seems this will do the 264 WM one better,and be about like their 6.5 Weatherby.And we have the powders for it along with the bullets.

Plus not everyone wants to spin turrets to get to 400-450 yards;nor is there always time, but that flat trajectory is another tool in the arsenal.

I think it's a swell idea! smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.