Update:

Just got an email from the smith working on the 26 Nosler projects (two shot out 7RM 700 BDL's). He already had one barrel on an action. He said the SAAMI reamer with min specs will require the 140 gr. Berger VLD dummy round I sent at 3.5" COAL to be at 3.540" COAL to touch the lands. Or, .04" longer than the already overlong round.

With the SAAMI 3.34" COAL factory round specs, it appears to me that Nosler has borrowed from the Roy Weatherby playbook with a .20" freebore (3.34"/3.54").

Sorta surprises me. I told him to proceed with the SAAMI spec. chamber. I may not want to kiss the lands, anyway. The 139 gr. Scenar, seated in the neck like the Berger, will probably touch the lands. Not sure about the 136L, it's pretty sleek like the Berger.

I've ordered 129 gr. and 142 gr. Matrix VLD's to try. I'm going to get their 150 gr. VLD's when available.

I have Magnum powder for the lighter bullets, US-869 for the heavier ones. I'm also going to try WC-872 with the heavies.

BTW, SPS still has blem 26 brass at $55/25, high but cheaper than retail. I picked up a few more rounds at that price while I could.

DF