Back on topic: I am happy for those who appear jazzed over the prospects of a new cartridge and rifle. However let me remind you that we are in a new era where politics butts up against the 2A - big time.
We are still in a significant shortage period of .22 lr's, sporadic 9mm, 40cal. and .45 ACP ammo, shortages of powder, primers, brass plus a whole host of factory ammo. IMHO the last thing we need is another cartridge in the face of all this. I don't care if you can hold "on" to 400 yards, there are others already in place that can do that very thing.

Consider the .17 Hornet. There are rifles to buy but very little in the way of factory or component availability. Consider the 280AI - you see very little talk about it. It seems Nosler is trying to gin up the marketplace for those whose dobber is down. The "market" will decide the winners and losers no matter how many blog pages there are or glowing reviews in various publications.

I ask you, how many different cartridges are needed to humanely kill big game at 400 yards or less?

Last edited by bigwhoop; 11/28/13.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.