Wow, didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers! I never said that I intend to shoot long range with the rifle. I will not personally shoot at anything over 300 yards. That's just my comfort zone. And I also have plenty of other rifles that I shoot to keep my form. The point I was trying to make is this........if a guy has several rifles in his battery, and he only uses each one occasionally, he will never shoot the barrel out of the 26 Nosler. Why does everyone automatically assume that a guy can't just buy a rifle because they like it? What's wrong with having a rifle for every day of the week? Isn't variety the spice of life? It would be a boring hobby if we only bought guns we had a purpose for.

Besides, if a man's rifles are all set up the same as far as optics and trigger pull, does it really matter which one he is shooting as long as he is shooting one of them? I don't think it does, but I'm no expert. As long as your fundamentals are sound, and you practice like you hunt, I don't see an issue.